Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) serves more than 83,000 students in 94 facilities. We operate 16 high schools, 17 middle schools, 59 elementary schools, and two instructional centers. LCPS has a diverse student population with 28% of students having a native language other than English. LCPS is a dynamic school division located just twenty-five miles from Washington, D.C.
The mission of the Loudoun County Public Schools is to work closely with students, families, and the community to provide a superior education, safe schools, and a climate for success.
Every student will reach their full potential and achieve their dreams.
Our Core Values
- HOLISTIC SUPPORT: Every student should have the support to feel safe, happy, and cared for in school.
- EQUITY AND OPPORTUNITY: All students and staff should have access to resources, programs, and support that enable a successful future.
- TRUST THROUGH LISTENING: All students, staff, and community members should have regular opportunities to be heard in two-way conversations across the division.
- RIGOROUS TEACHING AND LEARNING: All students should be challenged to reach their full potential in the classroom as part of a system that aspires to become the best-performing division in the nation.
- INDIVIDUALIZED SUCCESS: All unique strengths, skills, and passions should be celebrated, encouraging diverse pathways that support readiness after graduation
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT: A culture of continuous improvement should drive the fulfillment of our mission
Our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The Loudoun County School Board is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and to the provision of equity in its educational programs, services and activities for all students and employees. Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, age, religion, national origin, disability, or genetic information in employment or in its programs and activities. LCPS provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
“How special it is to teach at a place where diversity is not feared, it’s embraced.”
- Recruit and retain high-performing teachers in an emerging shortage environment
- Develop a diverse workforce to serve our diverse community
Cultivating a high-performing team of professionals focused on our mission and goals.