Innovation and a forward-looking perspective are part of the American School of Bombay’s DNA. Grounded in our mission to inspire and empower students, ASB aggressively works to make our vision for the future a reality. This vision is to provide the most relevant educational experiences in a highly collaborative and individualized context. We have taken strides towards this vision by redesigning the facilities, extending the school year, altering daily schedules, and focusing on skills over content.
Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and the International Baccalaureate Organization, ASB serves approximately 550 students from 50+ countries. Inquiry is at the core of the educational program. More than 95% of ASB graduates attend a four-year college or university.
ASB’s campuses are conveniently located in the suburbs of Mumbai and are three kilometers apart.. Both campuses are purpose-built spaces, to best meet the diverse needs of ASB students. The facilities are designed around adaptable learning spaces with movable walls, modular furniture, and common learning spaces allowing teachers to configure learning spaces to personalize learning for students. Science labs, studios for The Arts, including a black-box theater, decentralized iCommons spaces, and enclosed outdoor facilities to preserve air quality all provide an optimal learning environment.
Our Mission & Vision Statements
We inspire all of our students to continuous inquiry, empowering them with the skills, courage, optimism, and integrity to pursue their dreams and enhance the lives of others.
ASB’s learners are:
- Intrinsically Motivated
- Adaptable and Resilient
- Self Aware
Our Fundamental Propositions
Our six fundamental propositions give the American School of Bombay our unique value, and this is why families choose us:
- Our community is Intentionally International.
- Our pool of Remarkable Educators foster inquiry and empower students with skills, courage and optimism to pursue their dreams.
- The Educational Ambiance. Our facilities combine multimodal learning spaces, fine and performing arts studios, science suites, a sensory learning hub, and world-class sporting facilities.
- We encourage Dreams to be Pursued so our students can transition to the next phase of their educational journeys seamlessly.
- We are committed to truly Individualised Pathways for all students.
- We facilitate and foster education Beyond the Classroom.
The American School of Bombay is a beacon of education internationally. We are What School Should Be. We achieve this through modeling best practices and continually transforming the way we teach and learn.
The focus of our educational philosophy is our students: they are at the center of their learning experience, they are empowered by dreams, and they are equipped with skills to become life-long learners. Serving others, with a desire to make a positive impact in their world, underpins their ASB education.
Exceptional leadership is vital for positive educational outcomes for our students, and for maintaining a healthy, connected school community.
Our Leadership Team is the cornerstone for ASB’s community to function and grow. Through their leadership, we have become a globally sought-after school with a reputation for innovation, incubation, academic excellence, creativity, and nurturing.
Leadership at ASB means:
- Creating a collaborative environment where teachers are encouraged to innovate and lead, which has a positive impact on student engagement.
- Understanding our community through listening and responding.
- Being visible at all levels of the organization.
- Using data and resources to inform decisions.
- Being adaptive to change.
- Being passionate about our work, and passing that passion on to others.
- Encouraging risk-taking and innovation.
- Leading by example.
- Staying the distance and committing to our school for at least five years.
ASB offers ongoing Professional Learning opportunities for teachers to intentionally teach 21st Century Skills. Our programs and courses assist our faculty in developing new skills that are at the forefront of educational research and innovation.
The most important Professional Learning comes from our “experts” in the building at ASB.
- Our teachers delve into different pedagogues from project-based learning to visible thinking.
- They explore gamification of the curriculum to using online technologies as instructional tools.
- Our teachers collaborate to learn more about instructional practices and enrich their tool kits.
- We provide a place for teachers to highlight their interests and techniques so that other teachers know who to talk to when they have a question about a new way to approach teaching and learning.
|Head of School:
|Commercial 2, Tower 4, Kohinoor City, Off LBS Marg, Kurla (W), Mumbai 400070.
|Middle & Senior School
|SF2, G Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex Road, Bandra East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400098, India
|Main Office Telephone:
|+91 22 6772 7272