Poudre School District is the 8th largest school district in Colorado including 53 schools serving over 30,000 students by nearly 5,000 staff with one collective mission: to educate… every child, every day. We exist to support and inspire every child to think, to learn, to care, and to graduate prepared to be successful in a changing world.
Our District proudly supports 1,856 square miles in northern Colorado, including Fort Collins, Laporte, Timnath, Wellington, Red Feather, Livermore, Stove Prairie, and parts of Windsor. Nestled against the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and alongside the banks of the Cache La Poudre River, Fort Collins is located 5,000 feet above sea level and has a moderate climate with an average of 300 days of sunshine and 14.5 inches of precipitation a year. Fort Collins is recognized as the #1 best place to live nation-wide (Livability) and the #1 place in Colorado to raise a family (Business Week).
Educate…Every Child, Every Day
To support and inspire every child to think, to learn, to care, and to graduate prepared to be successful in a changing world.
We’re constantly innovating and improving to ensure our students have the best opportunities possible.
Our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We promise to create and uphold equitable, inclusive, and rigorous educational opportunities, outcomes, and experiences for all.
We will create policies and enact practices that ensure outcomes are not predictive by identify or demography by:
- Confronting and eliminating disparities and inequities through inclusive leadership.
- Developing and expecting an inclusive climate and culture based on trusting relationships between students, schools, families, and community.
- Developing and expecting culturally responsive pedagogy, curriculum, and assessment.
- Ensuring ongoing quality professional learning with implementation of strategies for all staff.
Poudre School District is dedicated to affirming respect, compassion, and acceptance for all, and we celebrate diversity with regard to all backgrounds and identities. We believe that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive work environments with employees who reflect our students and enthusiastically serve them. Therefore, in all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or military status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. PSD is committed to finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply!
Discover your passion in PSD!
Employees enjoy a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance as well as supplemental insurance opportunities, wellness programs and retirement through the Public Employee Retirement Association (PERA).
PSD also offers:
- A PSD Mentoring program to support new educators and prepare them to be highly-effective educators
- Educational incentives that include a tuition reimbursement program (for those working to become a teacher), classified staff growth program and for teachers who receive national board certification.
- Employee Assistance Services to help staff cope with the demands and stresses of life