A Silver PartnerPrince George's County Public Schools
Prince George’s County Public Schools (PGCPS), one of the nation’s 25 largest school districts, has 198 schools and centers, more than 130,000 students and nearly 19,000 employees. The school system serves a diverse student population from urban, suburban and rural communities located in the Washington, DC suburbs. PGCPS is nationally recognized for innovative programs and initiatives that provide students with unique learning opportunities, including arts integration, environmental and financial literacy, and language immersion.
Our vision paints the image of a premier educational environment that values the rich uniqueness of who we are as we develop and equip life-long learners, leaders, empowered proponents of justice and prosperous communities to thrive in the global society: A culturally responsive district developing distinguished learners, leaders, voices of social justice, and advocates for humanity for the world of today, tomorrow, and beyond.
Our mission defines our purpose and the scope of our work. It communicates why we exist and what we hope to contribute to society:
Provide a transformative educational experience anchored by excellence in equity – developing 21st century competencies and enabling each student’s unique brilliance to flourish in order to build empowered communities and a more inclusive and just world.
Transformation 2026: Equity & Excellence
Prince George’s County Public Schools (PGCPS) is poised for transformation.
The global pandemic of 2020 ushered in a new era of unprecedented change. It revealed pockets of untapped creativity and innovation, exposed challenges in our traditional concepts of equity, gave rise to creative teaching and learning models, and fundamentally transformed education paradigms.
The demand for equity and innovation in education is more significant now than ever before. Equity in PGCPS is ensuring each student has what they need to receive a student-centered education that empowers them to be active participants in their learning experience and contributors in creating and sustaining thriving communities.
As PGCPS considers this pivotal turning point in our society and in public education, the district reaffirms and documents its commitment to educational excellence in this PGCPS Strategic Plan.
Prince George’s County Public Schools (PGCPS) is seeking dynamic educators from across the nation who believe all children can achieve greatness. We are looking for talented educators who are committed, focused on making a difference, and hold (or are eligible) for a teacher certificate issued by the Maryland State Department of Education. We encourage you to submit an application online today! Human Resources reviews applications, credentials and other pertinent details frequently. A candidate selected for an interview will be contacted by an HR Partner or Administrator.
5 REASONS TO JOIN US
- Nationally-Recognized Professional Development: Third in the state for Nationally Board Certified Teachers. PGCPS leads the industry! Mentorship, monthly professional development and a robust leadership pipeline support teachers seeking to advance their careers.
- We Are #PGCPSPROUD: PGCPS is embarking on an ambitious new chapter of #PGCPSPride! Be a part of our journey!
- Innovation and Opportunity: Whether you choose to teach in one of our specialized programs or in a community school, you have options! Create a path aligned to your interests and enjoy cutting edge technology to bring your classroom to life!
- Location, Location, Location: Bordering the nation’s capital, we offer affordability and generous benefits including: laptop computers, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and incentives to serve in our high needs schools.
- Community-powered Schools: Strong ties with community partners, leaders, parent organizations and local colleges and universities help bring the community into your classroom! Our partners go above and beyond to invest in our schools.
Our teachers & staff
Each day, more than 19,000 teachers and staff serve the students and families of Prince George’s County Public Schools. They are the engine that keep our schools running. They are the heroes that help our students grow and thrive. They could be anywhere in the world. But they choose to be here. Here’s why they joined — and why they stay.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Matter
Identifying, attracting, and recruiting a ‘best fit’ teacher is parallel to diversity. Diversity in human capital applies to building a workforce that reflects the students we serve. A diverse workforce provides a variety of role models for students and a broad spectrum of ideas and values in the workplace that sparks positive change. This includes race/ethnicity, age, gender, disability, and language. Ultimately, a diverse workforce improves student outcomes and offers the ability to gain multiple perspectives, providing new solutions to challenges.
Starting Salary (Effective July 2023)
Schools and Centers
The Prince George’s County Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to designated youth groups.